Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ooops Never Mind - Wheelchairs Welcome

What a difference a day makes. My daughter has just received a phone call from Joe Russo at the Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities. The people at the Winterfest have decided that it is in everybody's best interest to allow my daughter and her wheelchair on the skating rink with her wheelchair. In fact they will be building a ramp, and sending their employees to training on disability rights as well. We plan to skate to celebrate on Christmas Eve. Wanna join us? Pictures to come. 

3 comments:

Danielle Filas said...

VICTORY!!!!!
HURRAH FOR YOU! HURRAH FOR DAUGHTER! HURRAH FOR JAMES!

Know that I will be there in spirit....

Anonymous said...

Well done, Mary and Nura. So much love and respect for both of you:)

Anonymous said...

KISS A** .. Way to go .. See you women make a great difference in the world ...love to join you but I'll have my butt resting on Ryan's parents' couch .... kisses... Steve